Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Everyday Eloise

Brand new contributor and seasoned city girl Amanda Michal (pictured below in Paris) brings us a taste of the Suite Life.
There's something rather fabulous about the concept of calling a hotel your home.
I repeat, the concept is rather fabulous.

For the better part of December my family and I set up base in a lovely hotel in Toronto.  And as any city girl knows, there is method to metropolitan madness.  Therefore, here are a few suggestions for anyone planning a hotel invasion:
  1. My first mistake was over-packing.  I mean, really in what possible situation could one person need an entire suitcase devoted to heels when all I ever wanted to wear was flats?
  2. The second oversight is to ever take a cab.  It wasn't until almost the last week that I discovered "The Path" - Toronto's underground world.  I was so impressed that I could go anywhere without a coat or ruining my hair.
  3. Be sure of your purchases.  Don't buy that certain something right away- it's practically guaranteed that you will find something amazing an hour after you've spent your last dime.
  4. Never anger the maids.  This is possibly the most important lesson.  Keeping an untidy room is unwise.  They have a key and will use it as early as they please.
All things considered, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  It really was an impossibly fun and totally unique experience.  Although, that said, there is something nice and familiar about a real home and your own pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment