Monday, February 2, 2009

They Do It Better In The Maritimes

With the fall term behind her and nothing but time on her hands this Exam Break, Romance Correspondent Maddie Webber takes to the skies for a sisterly visit to the East Coast.  Take a look at her photographs and travel tips.
All photographs by Madeline F Webber, taking a break from the black-and-white norm, since these colours are too good to resist.



Tip # 1
If you're a little timid to fly by yourself, don't be.  That is simply the only way to put it.  There are to-ooons of people who are more than happy to help you find your way, or answer your questions- that's what they're there for!


Tip # 2
Don't bring packaged foods onto the plane.  This is the mistake I made.  I figured that I'd be really hungry during the two-hour plane ride, so I bought a bag of SmartFood, unbeknownst to me that the air pressure changes as altitude changes.  So since the smart food wasn't vacuum-packed, it almost burst by the time I pulled it out of my bag.  Luckily, I had a marker to pop the bag open.  Unluckily, it sounded like a gun shot... on a plane.



Tip # 3
Bring your camera!  You don't have to be a good photographer to take a good picture on a plane.  The skies are so beautiful and the views are surreal.




Tip # 4
Pack more than you need.  Although this may contradict everything everybody else has said about packing light, I think it's more important to have more than you need.  Especially if you have an unexpected flight cancellation.



No comments:

Post a Comment